Monday, December 8, 2008

Discovery Exercise #20

Normally, I use Youtube for catching up on newsclips or interviews that I might have missed on a given day, or more likely, to search for humorous videos for a quick laugh. And I must also admit that I'm a sucker for those extreme sports blooper shows - particularly gymnasts falling - as long as everyone involved is OK. Who could forget this classic clip from the 80s?

Anyway, I thought that I would search for "library reference," and found some interesting clips, mostly tours of various libraries. It seems that something like this could be used to promote library services, especially at Main, where there are numerous "reference" desks but only one actually in Reference. It seems that customers can get overwhelmed and confused in a large building very easily.



This video manages to be humorous and informative at the same time.

No comments: