Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Discovery Exercise #18

Well, I tried out Zoho Writer and it is very easy to use. And I published my document (if you can call it that) to my the blog, though the formatting is a little weird. One of the images is too large to fit properly on the blog, but other than that, I guess it came out OK. I'm sure to really test it out would be to create a longer document -- such as a term paper -- and compare it to a similar document from MS Word. Of course, I barely have time to finish these posts, let alone going around and writing fake papers.

At any rate, I like the portability and compatibility that Zoho offers. I think that it is something that we could recommend to customers who do not have media to save their work to as an alternative to Word. As others have mentioned, their is a security risk with anything that is stored online, so you should probably decide what kind of documents that you wish to create and store using Zoho.

As I've noted before, I underwent a Google-ization process a while back and so I'm somewhat familiar with Google Docs too. From what I can tell, both Zoho and Google Docs are very similar, though it appears that Zoho has much more extensive offerings. As with other Google products, I tend to stick with them because of the convenience of one sign in and having all resources under a single umbrella (gmail, docs, photos, blogger, etc.).

No comments: